Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

We had an action packed weekend. Friday night we learned of the birth of Landon's new buddy, Dylan Andru Pleitez, who was born to our friends Rico and Katie Pleitez. We cannot wait to meet him soon!

Saturday we decided to let Meme try her hand at babysitting both of our boys so that Daddy and I could go out to dinner by ourselves :) We had a great time, but it was so nice to get back to my boys (we were only gone 1.5 hours). Hayden occupied most of Meme's attention, so she didn't get much Landon time...guess this means we will have to start splitting them up so they can both get equal amounts of spoiling.

On the drive home, John and I had the funniest conversation that had us both dying laughing (not a good thing when you just gave birth 3 weeks ago and the bladder control isn't up to par....hahaha....you Mom's know what I mean). The conversation went like this (and those who know me best will start laughing immediately)...John and I were talking about how Hayden has a poster up on his wall now, beside his bed, of the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato (he calls her Debbie Lavonda) from his favorite movie, Camp Rock. John started talking about how teenage boys don't seem to have bikini model posters up as much as they did when he was growing up...I said "Thank goodness. I won't be fond of that!" I asked him did he have posters of bikini models up in his room growing up and of course he did. He was very fond of Heather Locklear...haha! He then started making fun of me and who I had hanging on my wall as a teenager (here is where if you know me well, you know who I had on my wall)...YES, I admit, I had a poster of Neil Patrick Harris...YES....Doogie Howser. Later in life, I had a crush on Lance Bass from NSYNC....anyone notice a pattern? HAHA! Meagan and Carrie....I will not publish any of your comments you leave me here :)

Sunday was the day I have been looking forward to for awhile! We had a photographer come to the house to take pictures of the boys, along with some family shots. Julie was fantastic and spent over 2 hours taking awesome candid shots. The boys were perfect models and I cannot wait to get the pictures back this week. Expect the cutest birth announcement in your mailbox within the next couple of weeks :)

That is about it...Daddy is feeding chunky monkey his night night bottle now. Landon drinks between 3.5 - 4 ounces now every 3 hours. Oh yeah....he slept almost 5 straight hours last night (Daddy's night to get up with him...no fair). Go Landon! I am proud of you!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

hahahahahaha I had to leave a comment about the NPH part. I love that guy. I don't care if he wouldn't love me back because I'm a girl. :) I love te blog - great updates!

Kristen said...

Just catching up on your blog and I love it! The best ones are always married or gay...and what teen has a crush on a married person?! I'll fight you for NPH...haha