When did my 3 year old become my father? Everyone told me that when Landon was born I would see a change in Hayden, but I never expected to be scolded by my 3 year old. For anyone who has been to our house lately, you are sure to have been given a performance of a Jonas Brothers song by Hayden (sorry Buffy and Buffy's Mom)...actually, he is quite good and takes his singing very seriously. Cracks us all up!
Anyway...we were leaving the store from a diapers and formula run when Hayden TOLD (not asked) me to turn on "Burning Up" (yes, Jonas Brothers). I wanted to hear another song, so I told him we would hear his song after mine. He then proceeds to tell me he wants his....you get the picture....arguing (trying to reason) with a 3 year old is a daily ritual now it seems. I asked him why we needed to hear this song for the 3rd time (15 min car ride mind you) and he tells me.....BECAUSE I SAID SO!"
Really? Aren't we as parents supposed to pull that line out of our hats as a last resort? I can't believe he actually 1-upped me. I couldn't think of anything clever to say back....so...."I'm burning up, burning up...for you baby" was sang happily from the backseat as I gave in :)
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like Hayden has positioned himself as the "boss" now. Ha Ha However it is true that he does sing well !!!!
We may have the same child. Thankfully Andrew has no idea who the Jonas Brothers are. He's big into Rascal Flatts right now.
Loved lunch the other day. Must do it again soon.
Love to the boys (you and John too)!
Post a Comment