Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm Gonna Call Mickey...




So, I tip my hat to Daddy. He is definitely working on next year's Father's Day gift by being a creative Dad. When Hayden wouldn't eat his dinner last night, dear old Daddy came up with the brilliant (or sadistic) idea of telling Hayden that he was gonna call Mickey Mouse and tell him that Hayden wasn't eatting his dinner (Mickey is Hayden's hero of the moment right now, well him and Spiderman). This stroke of genius worked! I watched in awe as Daddy would say "Hand me the phone, I'm gonna call him on his cell (evidently Mickey is a hip mouse and has his own cell phone) and tell him you aren't eatting!" and low and behold the child would eat. He even finished his plate!!!

So, Hayden needed some praise, so we decided to call up the Good Old Mouse himself and have him congratulate him on a job well done. We put Mickey on the phone and Hayden's eyes lit up as he told him about finishing his dinner like a good boy. Mickey was very pleased and praised him. Hayden, smiling, handed me the phone and said "Mickey Mouse sounds like Poppy!"

Dude...can't get anything past that kid :)

No comments: