Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Landon's 2 Month's Stats

Last Wednesday we went for Landon's 2 month well baby visit, which was ironic, since he wasn't a well baby at the time (see the hospital visit post). Sickness aside, he was perfect :) His stats were 13 lbs 7.5 oz (90%) 25 inches (90%) and 75% for head (can't remember that measurement). We held off on getting his shots until yesterday since he had a fever.

Now for things he can do...he smiles all the time. I especially love it when he sees me and smiles. He is starting to coo and babble alot now, which is very cute. Hayden loves to get in his face and talk to him and I cannot wait until Landon "talks" back to him. Hayden calls him "buddy" and "my baby" and does NOT want to go far from him. He wants Landon with him at all times and does not seem to be jealous of him at all.

We need to work on tummy time more. When we put him on his tummy, he falls asleep...haha! Which brings us to the topic of sleep :) Landon usually wants to go to bed in his crib around 8:15pm (feed him his bottle and put him straight to bed....no crying) and will sleep for about 5 hours, wake, eat 5 ounces, then go back to sleep. Then he will sleep from anywhere to 3-5 more hours, wake, eat and maybe go back to sleep...all in his crib :) I am struggling with wondering if I should try to just give him his pacy at the 2nd bottle, b/c he usually doesn't finish that one. Today I am working on getting him to nap in his crib (I have spoiled him and let him nap in his swing, bouncy seat and my favorite and his...on my chest). My friend Katie (Dylan and Graham's Mom) has been working with Dylan, who is 3 weeks younger, on napping in his crib and he is doing GREAT!!! I had both babies to myself yesterday and was so jealous that Dylan takes his naps in his crib.

Since Landon is usually exhausted and ready for bed around 8:15...sometimes even earlier, Katie and I were discussing that maybe since he isn't napping in his crib, that maybe he isn't getting good naps during that day. He has been "cat napping", where Dylan takes about an hour morning nap and then a 2-3 hour afternoon nap. So, today marks Day 1 of what I will call "Crib Nap Boot Camp" for Landon. He started to fuss for a bottle around 9:30, he drank it all, so with heavy eyes (cute as pie I might add), I layed him down around 9:45am and walked out. He started to fuss, so I went in and gave him his pacy and he went to sleep for about 10 min. In I went, held the pacy in his mouth until he settled down and out I went. He slept for 30 mins this time, woke and I repeated the pacy routine. Fingers crossed, it is now 10:52am and he is asleep in his crib still!!! When he wakes up, we will either eat (depends on when he wakes up) and have play time until his next bottle. I would like to work it to where he has an hour long morning nap and then a good 2-3 hour afternoon nap. I think this would help with how he sleeps at night as well, even though I consider us extremely lucky.

I will keep everyone posted on how he does...keep your fingers crossed! It would be AMAZING to have a couple of hours to myself to get stuff done around the house and maybe even do some yard work too :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, sounds like you are heading toward a good schedule for our little Landon. Good for you. Love Nanny